Air Traffic Engineer
Salary – £37,000
The Air Traffic engineering section forms part of the Airport Engineering department at the City of Derry Airport and provides an almost 24-hour call-out service. Your focus will be on keeping a range of airport systems in fully operational condition. This will range from restoring equipment to operational service by identifying and rectifying faults and failures to carrying out specialist maintenance, modification and installation programmes. You will also provide advice and guidance to users and on commissioning new equipment.
With a good electronic and electrical background in a similar role, you will have a strong commercial awareness and be able to adapt to working on a range of equipment including Navigation Aids, Communication Systems, Meteorological Observation Systems, Instrument Landing Systems, Information Systems, and Airfield Ground Lighting.
- Previous airport experience in an ATE role
- Operational experience of maintenance of Airfield Communications equipment Ground Navigation equipment and Airfield Ground Lighting.
- BTEC/ONC/HNC/HND/ Degree or equivalent in electronics
- UK CAA Personal Training Certificate.
- Experience with Thales 420 ILS, DME 415, NDB SA100
You must have excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility is essential for this role as you could be covering up to 24-hour callouts.
Please forward your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of application forms Thursday 28th February at 12.00noon.