Click on the link to view: City of Derry Airport PRM Quality Standards
At City of Derry Airport, (CoDA) it is our aim to promote effective customer services within a safe environment and to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of all our air carriers. It is our mission to recognize the individual needs of each of our customers and ensure we exceed their expectations when travelling with us.
All passenger facilities are located on the ground floor. CoDA provides services and assistance, including:
- Wide parking dedicated spaces, clearly signed within our car parking facility opposite the main terminal entrance;
- Help intercom keys are located at all entrance, exit barriers and pay stations. Please contact the Customer Services Desk agent at the entrance intercom if you require assistance from the car park;
- Alternatively if you do not require assistance from the car park, please report to our Customer Services desk located on the left side of the main concourse at the front of the terminal;
- A “drop off “ zone is located adjacent to the main terminal building;
- The car park is accessible by means of low level kerbs and ramps in close proximity to the terminal entrance;
- If assistance is requested to/from the car park to/from the terminal building, a member of the Customer Services staff will oblige, giving the passenger the option of using their own wheelchair or an airport wheelchair.
- Discuss with the Customer Services Desk agent, your preferred means of access through the airport;
- For passengers requiring assistance who present themselves at the airport with an electric mobility aid, a process has been put in place to ensure the safe carriage of their aid as specified in the CAA’s safety notice SN-2012/003: Safety Requirements Applicable to the Carriage of Electric Mobility Aids. If the PRM uses an airport wheelchair their mobility aid will be tagged and removed for loading in the hold. If the mobility aid is electric the agent is required to attach the electric mobility aid tag as detailed in SN-2012/003.
- When the written instructions for making the electric mobility aid device safe have not been received from the aircraft operator and are not available from the PRM, subsequently LDY staff will refer to BHTA’s log which contains the information required by airport operators and aircraft operators to facilitate the safe carriage of any electric mobility aid;
- On arrival of flight, if the passenger’s mobility aid has been damaged, the Airport will provide a temporary manual replacement. A report will be provided to the airline to facilitate claims.
- If required a dedicated customer services agent will escort the PRM through the check-in process;
- A Customer services agent will accompany the PRM through to security central search using the fast track entrance at security;
- During the security process PRMs, who are unable to walk unaided can remain in the wheelchair but still be inspected as per the security requisite.
- Medical equipment will remain with the passenger, however the airline must be notified and a medical note must be presented at the Security Search Area;
- A private search room is available upon request;
- A Terminal Services agent will then position the PRM in the designated area at the boarding gate for easy transfer to the aircraft. This transfer will be completed using our PRM transfer vehicle;
- Assistance is given from the Airport staff when the PRM requires to be taken to/from the aircraft;
- Concessions are available on car parking fees for Disabled Badge holders. To avail of these rates please make your way to the customer services desk located in the main terminal;
- If you need to take your disabled parking badge on your onwards journey, please present it at the Customer Service desk agent who will supply you with a temporary badge to place in your car whilst parked in the airport car park;
- Toilets adapted for special assistance customers are located throughout the terminal and these toilets are fitted with an emergency pull cord;
- Hearing point – Induction loop for hearing impaired;
- A dedicated Help Point is situated at the Customer Services desk located on left of main concourse;
- The airport facilities include Inductive Loop System, Ambulifts for embarking and disembarking aircraft, wheelchairs and PRM trained staff;
- Arrange for stop and pick-up if you wish to shop or go for a snack/drink or if you wish to avail of toilet facilities;
- Staff will help you with your baggage on arrival and departure;
- If travelling to/from the airport via public transport and you require staff to assist you, please contact the CSD at least 24 hours in advance;
- If travelling to/from the airport via the airport designated taxi service, please contact the CSD at least 24 hours in advance;
- If the PRM requires a lift on to the aircraft, two members of the Ramp team will facilitate this by means of the Ambi-lift;
- Assistance will also be given to visually impaired passengers, hearing impaired passengers and nervous passengers;
KEY WALKING DISTANCES:
|Drop off Zone||Entrance Doors||19.5|
|Blue Badge Allocated Spaces||Entrance Doors||25|
|Entrance Doors||Customer Services Desk||18.5|
|Entrance Doors||Disabled Toilets||30.5|
|Entrance Doors||Check-in Desk/Special Asst Area||37.5|
|Customer Services Desk/Special Assistance Area||Security Central Search Area||9.5|
|Security Central Search Area||Departure Lounge/Gates/Toilets||23|
|Baggage Reclaim/Disabled Toilets/UKBF||Customer Services Desk||56.5|
|Arrivals’ Doors||Car Park||76|
|Exit Doors||Car Park||20|
Pre -notification should be made at the time of booking the ticket. Contact your airline for more information. http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/special-assistance/
Alternatively, passengers may also contact Customer Services at CoDA by:
Telephone: 02871 810784 (Extension:201)
Fax: 02871 813597
An ambulift is available to convey passengers and wheelchairs up to/from the aircraft door. This makes for a smooth, efficient and convenient boarding/disembarking for passengers.
Wheelchairs are available and should be requested with your airline/tour operator when booking your flight. They will then send this information through to the airport direct. You will be able to remain in your wheelchair until you are at the aircraft for boarding. Your wheelchair or an airport wheelchair will be available at the aircraft side as soon as you disembark.
Please note that whilst the airport provides wheelchairs on request to all passengers, each airline will have a different policy on the handling of wheelchair passengers. For further information passengers are advised to check with the airline prior to booking.
ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE ASSISTANCE POINTS
The airport (CoDA) provides designated points of arrival and departure for passengers requiring assistance at the following locations:
- Customer Services desk, located in the main terminal building adjacent to the entrance
- At the check-in desks
- Via intercom located at the car park entrance barrier.
- At the arriving aircraft
- Please be aware at busy times, there may be a wait at these help points for assistance. If you are travelling with a family member or companion and they are happy to assist you, there will be wheelchairs available in the terminal for you to use. Please ask the agent at the Customer Services desk to provide a wheelchair.
Assistance dogs are accepted for travel within the UK. When assistance dogs are travelling outside the UK, the dog must be registered with The Pet Travel Scheme (PETS). Approval for the assistance dog to travel is required from the airline and holiday destination. For advice on flying with your assistance dog please contact:
Before you travel make sure that you have insurance which covers your equipment needed for the journey.
For more information you can view the European Commission video on the rights of passengers: http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/energy_transport/videos/transport/2008_06_prm_en.htm
GETTING TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT
Public transport to/from airport
City of Derry Airport is served by Translink. Please click on the link for more details on Translink services to and from the airport: http://www.translink.co.uk/Services/Ulsterbus-Service-Page
Taxis City Cabs are the official Airport Taxis and they are located outside the terminal building: http://www.citycabsderry.com/home
The most competitive rates for car parking at the airport can be obtained when you prebook online. To pre-book your car parking online, please visit: email@example.com
City of Derry Airport Customer Services
Tel: 028 71810784 Extension: 201
The UK government Code of Practise for access to air travel for disabled people may be found at www.dft.gov.uk.
AIRPORT OPENING HOURS
The Airport opening hours vary from day to day. We recommend you contact :02871 810784, Extension: #201 or alternatively please e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on how to complain
CoDA welcomes any feedback you may have about the assistance provided (comments, complaints or compliments). This feedback can be made in writing via the feedback section of the website; by post or by e-mail.
Please contact our dedicated Customer Services Manager:
City of Derry Airport, CoDA Operations Ltd, Airport Road, Eglinton, Derry-Londonderry, Northern Ireland, BT47 3GY.
Telephone: + 44 (0) 2871 810784
In the case of a complaint being made, an acknowledgement will be sent within 5 working days. A thorough investigation will follow within the next 10 working days. The complaint should be fully responded to within 28 working days.
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR FEEDBACK / MAKE A COMPLIANT. All passenger feedback is gratefully received and assists the airport in continuing to provide excellent standards of customer service.